A Glimpse Into Chaos

A glimpse into chaos...aren't our minds always a jumbled mass of contradictions, hopes, and emotions?

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Mon âme a peur

I hide underneath my shroud of lies.

I hope the world won’t catch
A glimpse of me
Beneath this tattered hood of aspersion.

I’m bare.
I’m as naked and vulnerable
As the day
my bleeding cries
tore at the air
Upon my entrance into the world.
So naked.

I won’t tell if you promise not to look.

You stare.
I curl into a ball
And pull my raiment of doubt
A little further over my head.
It’s cold out there,
So cold.
How can you stand it?
I can’t.

I’m naked and cold,
My skin is tinged with blue.
I’m not an object fit
To touch.
You reach for me anyway.

Your fingers burn
Like liquid nitrogen.
I never asked for this.

You promised that you wouldn’t look.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home