A Glimpse Into Chaos

A glimpse into chaos...aren't our minds always a jumbled mass of contradictions, hopes, and emotions?

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Baptized by the Bottle

So yeah...I was kind of feeling down, and decided to meld my mood into poetic nonsense. Here are the fruits of that effort.

*Baptized by the Bottle

Another night of solitude.
You could blame it on my attitude,
But I’d just blame it on the wine.

I reach for the bottle,
The cool glass comforting
Against my clammy palm.

I can barely lift the bottle to my lips.
I am weak,
But my resolve is strong.

My solace comes
At the bottom of the clear glass
Tomb.

I smile as the familiar
Tang of wine
Flirts with my parted lips.

It looks like blood.

Baptized.
The liquid burns a hole
through my throat.

It’s a small price to pay
When memories
Grow cobwebs in your mind.

The bottle slips from dead fingers.
I won’t remember this tomorrow.

I'll commit your memory to paper,
and drink a toast to it.

Baptized by the bottle.
Drinking to forget.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home