A Glimpse Into Chaos

A glimpse into chaos...aren't our minds always a jumbled mass of contradictions, hopes, and emotions?

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Happinessx10!!!!!

I absolutely love what I do. Why pursue something if it's not worth the pursuit? If you don't love something enough to put your all into it, to dedicate every fiber of your soul and being into it, then what is the point? Passion is nothing without drive and inspiration. Without drive, passion can be extinguished. It lacks the fuel to propel itself into motion. It is merely a ship without a sail, floating aimlessly on the ocean.
There is also inspiration. Inspiration gives reason and flight to our passions. Without inspiration, we'd be left without a vehicle to pursue what we love the most. I've come to figure this out this past semester. Music is my everything. My heart, my soul, my life. I sing because I cannot live without it. If I were to lose my voice, my life would be diminished. I would lose a part of me that is so near and dear, I don't think I would ever be whole again. Singing inspires me, moves me, pushes me, and challenges me beyond anything that I've ever done. That feeling itself makes life worth living. Like I said, I love what I do:)


I'm done with being afraid. This break has made me realize that in order to be where you want and to truly grow, you need to do things that may seem a little bit scary. I'm going to be making a big change soon. That scares me. It has for a while. But now, with a lot of soul searching and the advice and support of a few good friends, I feel like I have the strength to do it. I've come to the realization that if I really, really, love music and what I do with all of my heart, I have to throw myself to the lions and get on with it. Before...I would not have been okay with that. I like to be in control of things because if I don't have that control, I feel like I'm weak, or I feel like I'm vulnerable. I hate that feeling more than anything else. However, relinquishing this control is also a big step for me...and one of the only ways I can start to grow and become the person that I am meant to be. Ahh...moments of clarity are wonderful :-D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home