A Glimpse Into Chaos

A glimpse into chaos...aren't our minds always a jumbled mass of contradictions, hopes, and emotions?

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Cheap Trick

Don’t take me for a ride
That I didn’t pay for.
I left my money
On the coffee table
Before I stepped out at night,
My heels a-tap-tappin’
And my hips a ‘swingin’.

I’ll whistle a tune of deliverance,
Care to join?
It’s not so hard,
You’ll pick it up soon.

I’m a human too,
Just like you.
As vulnerable and sad
And angry and happy
As the guy
Behind me in the line
For our 6AM coffee.
A whole lot of nothing
Rolled into something.

I’ll whistle a tune of deliverance,
Want to join?
I see you got it now,
I’m always right, you know.

Don’t take me for a ride
That I didn’t pay for.
I’d much rather walk.

Thanks anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home