A Glimpse Into Chaos

A glimpse into chaos...aren't our minds always a jumbled mass of contradictions, hopes, and emotions?

Friday, September 22, 2006

Things that are commonplace, and a few oddities here and there...



Have you ever wondered if the universe will just randomly compress one day, and life as we know it will end? I found myself pondering that as I was looking over music earlier. Alas, I found myself distracted, and decided to fill my time with other things. Yep, you guessed it: staring into space. Most people find it to be quite boring or they see it as a time waster...which it is of course. However, I often find that I think of the most interesting things then. I like to people watch when I'm in a daze. It's fun to try to figure out what their life stories are, what makes them tick. Sometimes I feel bad doing it. It's like seeing an intimate snapshot of their life.

For instance, take the biting of a nail. One may not look into that gesture much, but it brings a million questions to mind. Are they nervous? Did they do something wrong? Why are they nervous? I guess this seems a bit ridiculous, but when you're bored, people watching is one of the most entertaining things. At least for me, haha.

Lately, I find myself kind of teetering on the edge of confidence and confusion. I have a lot of faith in myself and my abilities, but I'm not sure how to direct it. I love music with all of my heart, and it's truly what I want to do with my life. However, love isn't always practical, and sometimes, one must choose practicality over "romance." At least, that is what is pounded into my head by certain people. If I were one for practicality, I would have never even auditioned for Crane and I'd be working on a degree in International Relations somewhere. Practicality is for those who like the feeling of safety. Or, if I'm feeling truly capricious, for those who are afraid to find out who they are and what they can do. I've never been one to reign in my dreams or stifle another's. Anything can be attained with enough hard work and passion. You have to love what you do and commit to it fully. A certain quote comes to mind here:

"There is no time for cut-and-dried monotony. There is time for work. And time for love. That leaves no other time!"~Coco Chanel

This is soooo true! Although, work must be love as well. At least, it would have to be for me. Hence, the whole vocal performance deal. Aieee...I think too much. I should just practice, practice, practice, and do well in school. At the end of my four years, I will know what my path shall be. Whether or not I follow it is one thing, but who knows! That is why life is such a grand adventure! Anyhow, I must be off. Ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home